Accessibility Features in the Media Player
The Platform’s Media Player provides a number of user-end options to increase accessibility, including customizable Caption Settings and Audio Descriptions. Keyboard shortcuts are available, and the Player is fully screen reader compatible.
When available, Audio Descriptions may be accessed through the Play bar or the Settings wheel.
Accessing Caption Settings
Caption Settings are available to users through the Media Player.
- Click on the Settings wheel in the Media Player.
- Choose Caption Setting and select Option.
Making Caption Bar Selections
Caption Bar Settings are accessible by Administrators through the Admin Panel’s Branding tab.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel and select the Branding tab. Under Media Player Theme Settings, choose Edit.
- Click on Caption Bar Settings.
- Make selections for font color, family and background color.
- Use the sliders to choose size, opacity and background opacity for increased readability.
- Click Caption Preview to confirm that you are happy with the Caption Settings.
- Turn closed captions on and off using the CC button.
Using Keyboard Shortcuts
Keyboard Shortcuts enable users to control the Media Player using the keyboard, rather than the mouse.
- Click on the Sidebar icon to open the Sidebar.
- Choose Shortcuts.
- Review and use the available Shortcuts.
You may also use the Tab key to move from one point on the Play bar to another.