Attending a Video Classroom
YuJa’s Video Classroom lets you engage with your instructor and classmates in real-time, in small or large groups.
- A Small Group Meeting has fewer than six participants.
- A Large Group Meeting has more than six participants, and can have up to 200.
Attending the Video Classroom
You can access the Video Classroom to attend a class in two different ways.
- Click on the link sent by email. This will take you directly to the Video Classroom.
- Log into YuJa and click on the blinking notification icon at the upper right.
- Allow YuJa access to your camera and microphone if you wish to be seen and speak.
Using the Video Classroom Tools
If you’re attending a Small Group meeting of less than six people, you’ll have access to all of the Video Classroom tools.
- Use the Whiteboard to draw diagrams or make notes.
- Share a file with others in the meeting through the Document Share feature.
- Click to link and play a YouTube video with Video Sharing.
- Access Desktop Sharing to share the contents of your computer screen.
Raising your Hand and Asking a Question
In a Large Group meeting, you won’t have access to the Video Classroom tools, but you can, with the instructor’s permission, access your own microphone to speak.
- Select Click to Raise your Hand.
- Speak into your microphone when allowed permission by the instructor.
- Lower your hand by clicking on Click to Lower your Hand.
Using the Text-based Chat
If you don’t have a microphone or webcam available, you can still participate in the Video Classroom using the text-based chat feature.
- Click on the Chat icon on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Type your message in the chat window and hit Enter to post.