Copying Course Content in Moodle
Content in the Platform may be copied directly through the Moodle LMS.
Backing up the Course Content
- Go to your Moodle site with the course that has the content you wish to copy.
- Go to Admin block, click on Backup.
- Use the check boxes beside the list of resources/activities you wish to include in the backup. Use the ALL/NONE links at the top for a mass selection. Select User Data NONE to copy only the content without the student information. Then hit Next.
- On the Schema Settings, select what you would like to be in included as part of your backup – Once you have done that, hit Next.
- Confirm and review your selected backup options and select Perform Backup.
- Select Continue.
Copying into a New Course
- From your Activity Backup Area select Restore for your desired course.
- Review and select Continue.
- Choose which course to copy your content into and select Continue.
- Choose what you would like to publish to your new course and select Next.
- Under Schema – Select Next.
- Review Backup settings and select Perform restore.
- Confirm and Select Continue.