Creating a One-time or Recurring Schedule for Software or Appliance Capture
The Device Scheduler automates the recording process for Software Capture and Appliance Capture. With device scheduling, recording becomes a hands-off process. The scheduling workflow is only available to IT Managers.
Accessing the Device Scheduler
The Device Scheduler is available through the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Choose Devices from the left-side menu.
- Select the desired Device. Clicking on the Device will bring up the Actions menu, including Remote Scheduling.
Scheduling a One-time Capture
The Device Scheduler includes a range of information to help you schedule a capture recording.
- Fill in a Capture Title and Capture Description and select the Session Owner..
- Select the Session Owner The default option is the logged in user.
- Choose the desired Save Location and enter an optional Publish Location using the dropdown box. Select the desired Profile.
- Choose the first recording date, start time and length.
- Select whether or not to Live Stream your event.
- Change the Label Color if desired. This color identifies the recording on the calendar of scheduled recordings.
- Click Add to Schedule.
Scheduling a Recurring Capture
The process for scheduling a recurring capture is just like that for a one-time capture, but you will be asked for some additional information.
- Fill in all fields as you would for a one-time capture recording.
- Click the checkbox labeled Repeat.
- Choose the desired Repeat frequency and how often recordings Repeat.
- Select the day of the week.
- Enter an Ending Date or number of occurrences.
- Click OK to return to the Scheduler and complete the scheduling process.