Creating a Recording on PC
Once you’ve installed Software Capture, you’re ready to begin recording.
Accessing the Software Station
Software Capture facilitates capture recording from any computer.
- Navigate to Create Recording at the top of the screen.
- Select Software Capture and click Start. The installed copy of Software Capture will open on the computer.
Starting your Recording
Within just moments you can begin recording your capture. Only a few moments are required to provide a title and other information.
- Select the desired Course from the dropdown box if desired.
- Enter a Title and Description.
- Click Save to select a Save destination for your media.
- Choose Share to select a Channel for Live Streaming or publishing your media.
- Make any necessary recording selections, including video, audio, screen, and whether or not to live stream your capture. In order to live stream your capture, you must have selected a Channel via the Share button above.
- Save your settings for future use if desired by clicking on Profile and entering a Save As name.
Recording your Capture
Once you’ve entered the necessary information, review the Preview window and begin the capture.
- Review the Preview to check the webcam, screen captures and audio.
- Press the Start button to begin your capture. When you press the Start button, you’ll have three seconds before recording begins. Use this time to bring up your files or presentation material on-screen, if you’re capturing your screen. Proceed with your recording – try to speak clearly and naturally!
- Stop your recording by clicking on the YuJa Mini-bar or pressing Ctrl+Shift+F, the default hotkey sequence. The hotkey can be changed if desired.
Using the Mini-Bar
The Mini-bar provides an easy way, on your screen, to pause or stop a YuJa recording.
- Press the Pause button to pause the YuJa Software Station. Press Play when ready to resume recording.
- Select the Stop button to stop your YuJa Software Station recording.
Deleting or Saving your Capture
When you complete your recording, you have two options available.
- Press Delete if you don’t want to keep the file.
- Choose Save to save your capture recording to your individual folder in the Media Library.