Creating Video Assignments with Blackboard
After you have installed the YuJa Media Chooser within Blackboard, students can leverage YuJa to submit their recorded content through the use of the Mashup tool.
Creating the Blackboard Assignment
Assignments are created in Content Areas, but can also be added to Learning Modules, Lesson Plans, and folders. Any instructions and file attachments that students need to complete the assignment are provided at the time of creation.
- Open the course in Blackboard, and click on the Content folder.
- Under the list of Assessments, select Assignments.
- Provide the name, instructions, and file attachments that the students need.
- Provide an optional Due Date, and Points Possible.
- Select optional Evaluation.
- Provide optional Availability.
- Select Submit.
Taking the Blackboard Assignment
- Once the student logs in, they should open the Content folder within their Blackboard course.
- Within the Content folder, click on the open assignment.
- Once the assignment is open, click on the Write Submission button to open the Blackboard content editor.
- Within the content editor, click on the Mashup tool, and select YuJa Media Chooser.
- From the media repository, click on the video, then select Add Media to embed into the Blackboard assignment submission.
- Once the video is embedded, click on Submit.