Creating Video Assignments with D2L Brightspace
After you have installed the YuJa Media Chooser within D2L, Students can submit their recorded content within a D2L Assignment.
Creating the D2L Assignment
- Within the D2L course, click on the Assignments tool within the course Navbar.
- On the next page, click on New Submission Folder.
- Input the new assignment Name under Folder Properties.
- Finish the creation of the assignment by adding the applicable Category, Grade Item, Rubrics, Restrictions, and Objectives.
- Under Submission Type, select Text Submission.
- Click on Save and Close to confirm the new assignment.
- On the next page, check the box to the left of the newly created Assignment.
- Click on the button labeled More Actions, select the option that says Make Visible to Users.
Submitting the D2L Assignment
- Once logged in as a student, click on the Assignments tool from the course Navbar.
- Under Assignment Submission Folders, click on the assignment posted by the Instructor.
- For the student to find their recorded YuJa video, they would click on the Insert Stuff tool within the comment editor.
- From the list of tools, click on the YuJa Media Chooser.
- Single click on the the video to embed in the assignment, so it displays in the assignments comment editor.
- After embedding the YuJa video, click on Add a File to attach the supporting assignment file.
- Once the supporting file is added, and the content embedded, click Submit.