Discussion Feed Overview
The Discussion Feed provides a way for users to connect, to make and complete assignments, and engage with the others.
Using the Discussion Feed
Making a post in the Discussion Feed is a little like updating your Facebook status. You’ll find it’s quick and easy, making it simple to stay up-to-date conversations.
- Click on Discussion Feed from the Main Menu.
- Click in the Type a Message box to open a full-featured post window. Type your post, adding a subject and text.
- Access additional formatting options by clicking on the Settings icon, shaped like a gear. Choose Formatting. You can add list options, format text in various ways, or use HTML or LaTeX to code your post.
- Select File to attach a file to your post. Select Sketch to create and attach a whiteboard-style sketch to your post. Video allows you to create and attach a web capture video.
- Choose which group you would like to post to using the dropdown box.
- Select the Settings wheel to Save or Discard your post draft. Click on Preview to see your post or on Post to post to the desired group.
Responding to a Post
Responding to a post offers the same post options as making a post; however, you’ll access the post form differently.
- Click in the box labeled Click here to Reply under the post you wish to respond to.
- Create your post. You can access formatting options and attachment options just as you would when you make a new post, but you won’t need to add a subject heading.
- Select Preview to review your post or Post to post your reply. There’s no need to select which group you’ll post to.