How Video Metrics Are Calculated within the Visual Analytics
This document will provide metric definitions for items within the YuJa Visual Analytics suite. The Analytics suite for any specific video can be accessed by hovering over the video, click on More. From the left side menu, choose the Analytics tab and then See More.
- Views: The total number of times the video was watched.
Example: If User A watches the video 10 times and User B watches the video 5 times, then the Views count will be 15.
- Unique Views: The total number of first time users that watched the video.
Example: If User A watches the video 10 times and User B watches the video 5 times, the total Unique Views will be 2 because only 2 unique users has watched the video.
- Total Play Length: The total time length the video was watched.
Example: If a video’s length is 10 minutes, User A watches it for 7 minutes and then re-watches the first 5 minutes of the video, then the Total Play Length will be 12 minutes.
- Play %: The percentage of the total unique time length of the video that was watched.
Example: If a video’s length is 10 minutes, User A watches the first 7 minutes and User B watches the first 5 minutes, the Play % is 70% because the watched unique time length is 7 minutes.
- Session/Time Watched: The total time length the video was watch for each session.
Example: If User A watches a video for 1 minute, and come back later to watch the same video for another 2 minute, the Time Watched will display 1 minute for the first session and 2 minute for the second session.
- Referrer: Where the video was posted when watched.
Example: If the video is watched through an LMS, it will display the LMS’s link.