Integrating Video Quizzes with D2L Content Items for Gradebook Sync
This guide will provide instructions on how to create a Video Quiz as an instructor, how to access it as a student, and how to review the Video Quiz’s grade.
Creating the Video Quiz In YuJa
The first step of the sync process is to create a Video Quiz on the Platform. You can find the steps to complete this here.
Inserting the Video Quiz Into D2L
The second step of the sync process is to create a New Assignment item within D2L from Assignments on the top navbar.
- Once logged into D2L, navigate to your course homepage.
- Go to Assignments and select New Assignment.
- Add a title for your assignment, then click the Insert Quicklink (chain icon). This will display the YuJa Media Chooser plugin which includes a library containing videos to embed, and a library of videos with quiz questions attached.
- Select the library labeled Quizzes Video, and choose the Quiz you wish to embed.
- Assign a score for the Quiz, then click Save and Close to publish the assignment.
Taking the Video Quiz
Now that the Video Quiz has been inserted in the D2L Announcement, grades will automatically sync once the student completes the Video Quiz submission. Below is the workflow for students to complete to ensure grades are properly synced.
- Once the student is logged into the D2L course, they will open the Assignments on the top navbar.
- The student will open the Video Quiz, and submit all responses until completion.
- Once all responses are completed, they will click on the Submit button. Then click Done.
Once the student completes the Video Quiz, their results will be synced automatically to the courses Grade Center.
- Once logging into D2L, select the Grades tab in the top navbar.
- The grade associated with the Video Quiz will be posted as follows: