Managing Accessibility Options
The Platform’s Accessibility interface provides administrators with the ability to access both Auto Captioning and External Captioning Users, set Permissions, and review External and Auto Caption Requests. In addition the Accessibility Dashboard provides access to Accessibility Validation options.
Understanding the Accessibility Dashboard
The Accessibility Dashboard provides access to a range of information about both Auto Captioning and External Captioning. Auto Captioning provides editable, computer-generated captions available for both YuJa-created and uploaded content. External Captioning is human-generated captioning provided by 3Play Media, Rev Media, and AST CaptionSync.
IT Managers can review both External Caption Requests and Auto Caption Requests. All External Captioning Requests are accessible, as well as the past month of Auto Caption Requests.
- Review necessary information about Caption Requests.
- Click Export Full History to download a report on Caption Requests.
Setting Permissions in the Accessibility Interface
Permissions to access and use both Auto Captioning and External Captioning can be set through the Accessibility interface. The method is the same for both.
- Click on Edit in the Auto Captioning or External Captioning Users boxes.
- Review Current Permissions; you may delete Permissions by clicking the X.
- Add Permissions by selecting Role Based or User Based. Role Based Permissions enable you to allow Permissions to All Students, All Instructors, or IT Managers. You may also add Permissions for individual users, where appropriate.
- Click Add Permission to complete your changes. Save when finished.
Using Accessibility Validation Export
Accessibility Validation Export provides a .csv spreadsheet of accessibility and copyright weaknesses in media content included in the Platform. This is available to IT Managers from the Accessibility Dashboard.
- Click Missing Captions to download a .csv file of all media content without captioning.
- Select Missing Transcripts to download a .csv file of all media content without transcripts.
- Choose Accessibility Review for a .csv file of media content marked in need of Accessibility Review. This can be chosen on the Details page for the individual media file, available through the Media Library.
- Select Copyright Review for a .csv file of media content marked in need of Copyright Review. This can be chosen on the Details page for the individual media file, available through the Media Library.
- Use Filter Copyright to review videos associated with a specific copyright; choose the desired copyright from the dropdown menu.
Choosing Caption Settings
Captioning Settings allow IT Managers to make decisions about default captioning.
- Select None, Auto Caption or Human Caption as the default captioning for uploaded content.
- Choose whether or not to enable the latest captioning engine.
- Check the checkbox to enable the profanity filter.