Recording a Software Capture for PC
Once you’ve installed the YuJa Software Station, you’re ready to begin to record a software capture.
Accessing the Software Station
The Software Station facilitates capture recording from any computer.
- Navigate to Capture & Live Stream from Create Recording at the top of the screen.
- Select Software Capture and Start Capture. The installed copy of the Software Station will open on the PC.
Starting your Recording
Within just moments you can begin recording your software capture. Only a few moments are required to provide a title and other information.
- Select the desired Course from the dropdown box if desired.
- Enter a title and description for your capture.
- Make any necessary recording selections.
- Click the Continue button.
Recording your Capture
Once you’ve entered the necessary information, review the Preview window and begin the capture.
- Review the Preview to check the webcam, screen captures and audio.
- Press the Start button to begin your capture. When you press the Start button, you’ll have three seconds before recording begins. Use this time to bring up your files or presentation material on-screen, if you’re capturing your screen. Proceed with your recording – try to speak clearly and naturally!
- Stop your recording by clicking on the YuJa Mini-bar or pressing Ctrl+Shift+F, the default hotkey sequence. The hotkey can be changed if desired.
Using the Mini-Bar
The Mini-bar provides an easy way, on your screen, to pause or stop a YuJa recording.
- Press the Pause button to pause the YuJa Software Station. Press Play when ready to resume recording.
- Select the Stop button to stop your YuJa Software Station recording.
Deleting, Saving or Publishing Your Capture
When you complete your recording, you have three options available.
- Press Delete if you don’t want to keep the file.
- Choose Save to save your capture recording to your individual folder in the Media Library.