Recording a Software Capture with Apple Capture
Once you’ve installed the YuJa Software Station, you’re ready to begin to record a software capture for Apple.
Accessing the Software Station
The Software Station is used to record captures using a room or personal computer.
- Navigate to Capture & Live Stream from Create Recording at the top of the screen.
- Select Software Capture and Start Capture. The installed copy of the Software Station will open on the Apple computer.
Starting your Recording
On-demand recordings require only moments to set up and start.
- Select the desired Course from the dropdown box if desired.
- Enter a title and description for your capture.
- Make any necessary recording selections.
- Click the Continue button.
Recording your Capture
Once you’ve entered the necessary information, review the Preview window and begin the capture.
- Review the Preview to check the webcam, screen captures and audio.
- Press the Start button to begin your capture. When you press the Start button, you’ll have three seconds before recording begins. Use this time to bring up your files or presentation material on-screen, if you’re capturing your screen. Proceed with your lecture – try to speak clearly and naturally!
- Stop your recording by clicking on the Command+Shift+F, the default hotkey sequence.
Deleting, Saving or Publishing Your Capture
When you complete your recording, you have three options available.
- Click Post Now to post your recording and save it to the Media Library.
- Press Delete if you don’t want to keep the file.
- Choose Save to save your lecture capture recording to your individual folder in the Media Library.