Roster Management Overview
Roster management features enable administrators to manage, update, and even upload users. You may use the Roster independently, or in conjunction with LTI-integration.
Roster management features are accessible directly from the Roster page and include Search Users, Create User, Upload Roster, and Download Roster. Please see the individual help pages on each of these for more information.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Select Roster from the left-side menu.
- Act as User allows an IT Manager to access individual user functions, including media management by functioning as that user.
- Search Users enables you to search the entire Roster for an individual user. You may search the roster by UserID, First Name, Last Name, and User Type.
- Create User allows manual user creation within the Platform; this does not create a user within the LMS.
- Upload Roster facilitates the upload of a .csv file, incorporating a range of user information in a single upload. A sample .csv is available.
- Download Roster allows you to download the entire student roster as a .csv file.
The Roster is arranged in rows and columns. Each users’s individual information is contained in a single row. The columns are arranged as follows: UserID, First Name and Last Name, User Type, Status, Linkage, Date Created and Last Accessed, and finally Lock User Type . Both User Type and Status can be altered directly from the Roster.
The Roster Actions include the ability to change the password, add the user to a group, edit the user, or delete the user.
- Click on the arrow next to the Username.
- Choose the desired Roster Action.
- Select the Key to change the user’s password.
- Choose the Plus sign to add the user to a Course or Group.
- Select the Pencil to edit user information.
- Click on the Folder to access the user’s media.
- Choose the Trash Can to delete the user.