Scheduling a Live Stream on the Hardware Hub
The Platform’s embeddable HTML5 Live Streaming provides access to high-quality live streams for scheduled recording events.
Scheduling a Live Stream
To create an embeddable HTML5 Live Stream, the recording session, using Hardware or Software Capture, must be scheduled via the Admin Panel.
- Navigate to the Admin Panel from the Main Menu.
- Choose Devices from the left-side menu.
- Click on the desired Device, and choose Schedule.
- Enter the needed information; the Software Capture or Hardware Capture profile you select should have Live Streaming enabled.
- Save your scheduled recording session.
Getting the Embeddable or Direct Link
The links for the Live Stream are available through the Admin Panel’s Devices tab.
- Select the desired Device from the Admin Panel’s Devices tab.
- Choose the Calendar icon and open the scheduled recording.
- Copy and paste the embed code or link.
Accessing the Waiting Room
A Waiting Room is available for users who arrive to or begin to watch a Live Stream prior to the scheduled broadcast.
- Click on the link for the Live Stream or open the website containing an embedded Live Stream. Users who arrive early will enter a Waiting Room with a countdown clock.
Viewing a Live Stream
The HTML5 Live Streaming enables users to watch and pause a Live Stream.
- Click on the link for the Live Stream or open the website containing an embedded Live Stream.
- Watch the Live Stream.
- Select Pause to pause the Live Stream in real-time.
- Adjust the volume as desired using the volume slider.