Using Breakout Rooms
This guide will provide detailed instructions on how to create Breakout Rooms and utilize other Video Conference collaboration tools within a Breakout Room session.
Create a Breakout Room Session
The first step will be creating a Breakout Room session. This action can only be done by the Owner of the current session.
- During the Video Conference, click Tools from the Navigation Menu and choose Breakout.
- On the Create Breakout Rooms menu, depending on the number of users, the session Owner can create a desired number of Breakout Rooms.
- Through the Assign Manually option, the Owner will be able to assign other users to any desired rooms.
- With the Assign Automatically option, all users will be randomly placed into Breakout Rooms. The session Owner, however, will have the ability to re-assign them right from the Setup Breakout Room menu.
- Click Start Breakout Rooms to transfer users into their assigned Breakout Rooms.
Collaboration Tools within a Breakout Room
In a Breakout Room, users will be able to communicate and collaborate with each other through various tools that the Video Conference offers.
- The session Owner will have the ability to freely join any other rooms or move users around right from the Ongoing Breakout Rooms menu.
- Users within a Breakout Room can use the Chat feature to communicate or exchange information with each other.
- Users can also upload a Document for review, or use the Whiteboard to express their ideas.
- In addition, Screenshare is also available for users within a Breakout Room to share their desktops.
- To leave a Breakout Room, users can click on Switch Room option to return to the Main Room.