Using Watch Point in the Software Capture for PC Application
Watch Point is a feature of the Software Capture for PC application enabling the automation of bulk uploads of video content to the Platform. You may upload a variety of different file types, and can use Watch Point to upload a single stream video, or a video that includes multiple video content streams, called Multi Stream.
Using Watch Point
Watch Point enables you to select sources, extensions and streams to automate the file ingestion process. You may Add, Delete, or Edit your Watch Point selections.
- Access Watch Point through the Settings wheel or the Software Capture application icon in the System Tray.
- Click the Add button in the Watch Point window.
- Browse to select the desired Source for content. This is where the content is coming from on your computer.
- Browse to choose the Destination for content. This is where the content is being uploaded within the Platform.
- Make Owner, Destination, and Publish selections.
- Use the arrows to select Extensions for your content ingestion.
- Choose desired Suffixes for file ingestion. Adding a Suffix is only necessary for multi-stream content; type in the necessary Suffix.
- Click Add to save your settings.
- Select the desired Source and click Delete or Edit if needed to remove or modify a saved Source.
Adding Source Folder Permissions
In order for Content Creators to add content to a designated Source folder, the Watch Point administrator needs to setup Full Control permission to the Source folder for Everyone who has access to the PC.
- Right click on the desktop and choose New Folder.
- Right click on the newly created folder and select Properties.
- From the Properties menu, select the Security menu.
- In the Security menu, select Edit under the list of permitted members if Everyone is not present.
- In the popup window, click Add.
- Under Enter the object names to select, type in: Everyone.
- Once Everyone is added, under Permissions check the Full Control box under Permissions for Everyone.
- Click Apply.