Video Editing Overview
YuJa offers fully integrated video editing, accessible from the Media Library. Video editing allows instructors to create professional and polished course videos, free from extraneous material. The Video Editor is non-destructive, and your edited video is saved as a new file, without damage to the original lecture capture.
Accessing Video Editing
Video editing tools are accessible for lecture captures recorded with the YuJa Software Station or YuJa Hardware Hub.
- Go to your Media Library.
- Navigate to your User Collection, and select the desired video.
- Mouse over the desired video and click on the Settings icon located on the video thumbnail.
- Choose Details.
- Select Edit Video from the horizontal menu options available on the Details page. Choose Video Editor.
Using Video Editing Tools
The Video Editor provides several panes of information, in a format similar to the YuJa Media Viewer. The large pane shows the video content, with a control bar below consisting of a play button, a volume control and a slider, enabling the editor to move forward and back in the video.
- Use Cut to trim unwanted content from the video.
- Click Trim Start to remove unwanted content from the beginning of the video. Use Trim End to remove unwanted content from the end of the video.
- Select Text Overlay to add an overlay of text notes directly to the video.
- Insert video content by clicking the Play button in the editor. This can be added at the beginning or end, or can overwrite one of the video streams.
- Add a Watermark by uploading a logo or image to your video to brand it with the institution’s name or logo.
- Undo allows you to undo the move recent edit.
- Use thumbnail navigation to review your video pane-by-pane; different video streams are available in the thumbnails.